7 Transformational Habits Of Healthy, Happy People
Healthy, Happy People Have These 7 Habits In Common. How Many Of These Habits Do You Have?
Maple, ON – Health and happiness … two attributes that all people thrive for. People say, “without your health there is nothing”. I have noticed too that people are consciously or subconsciously searching for happiness in their life.
Interestingly, I have yet to meet a person who is sick that is happy and I have yet to meet a person who is unhappy that is generally healthy.
I have learned that to get what you want in life, look at other people who have what you want and do the same things that they are doing. So, if you are striving to better your health and are searching for happiness, do what other healthy, happy people do.
Here are the 7 Transformational Habits Of Healthy, Happy People:
1. They Get Regular Chiropractic Care – As a chiropractor, I meet many people who are searching for better health. My newest patients, when they come in with pain, stress and other health problems, the last emotion they are expressing is happiness. Some are frustrated with their pain and illness, some saddened and some are worried. But something amazing happens when they pursue chiropractic care … they get healthier, they become pain free, they handle their stress better and their quality of life improves. And this makes them much more happy!! The healthiest, happiest people I have ever met in my life are chiropractic patients. Chiropractic offers a unique approach to health care that aims to discover the root cause of the pain or health problem and then assists in correcting the root cause. Chiropractors work on balancing the nervous system by correcting spinal misalignments that interfere with healthy nerve transmission. The nervous system controls all bodily functions, all healing and all repair. The nervous system, especially the brain, is also involved with emotions and memory. Therefore, when the nervous is functioning optimally, people express better health, better function and improved emotional control. It’s no wonder that people who get regular chiropractic care are healthier and happier.
2. They Make Ongoing Healthy Lifestyle Choices: Research is showing today that the major health problems that are plaguing millions of people – heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity – are caused by things that they are doing in their life. In other words, they are bringing on the health problems from their daily unhealthy lifestyle choices. Health has a cause and effect relationship to your daily lifestyle choices. So, if you make healthy lifestyle choices, you will have a healthy life. If you make unhealthy lifestyle choices, you will have a sick life. It comes down to your choices. Healthy lifestyle choices must include eating good, nutritious foods, exercising at least 3 times per week for 1 hour each time, managing your stress, and getting good quality sleep. Adding chiropractic care to your lifestyle is another healthy lifestyle choice.
3. They Forgive Themselves And Other People: To be happy, forgiveness is key! Practicing forgiveness sounds simple but sometimes it’s not easy. However, in my experience, when you forgive, you are lifting a major emotional load off your shoulders. Many people need first to forgive themselves. As humans, we tend to hold grudges and sometimes the grudge is against ourselves. We have all made mistakes in life. It doesn’t help to hold onto the negative emotions that are related to those mistakes and carry them with you everyday. This can not give you happiness. Forgive yourself and love yourself. This has tremendous healing power. Then forgive that person that has harmed you or insulted you or betrayed you or upset you. Again, carrying the emotions from grievances and past experience are not helpful to your peace of mind, to your emotional health and to your overall happiness. You cannot change the situation that needs forgiveness and you cannot change the other person, but you can change how you choose to perceive that situation and that other person. That’s what true forgiveness is about. People who practice forgiveness in this light are happier people.
4. They Practice Gratitude: Happy people are grateful. I have learned from personal development masters like Jack Canfield, Dr. John Demartini and others that when you are grateful for what you have, you will get more. It’s called the attitude of gratitude. The challenge is being grateful when you don’t have what you want. I totally understand. However, the secret to happiness is to find something in your life that you are grateful for each and every day and this will center your attention on attracting more of it or something similar. Even if you are in pain or having health challenges, there is always something you can be grateful for. Such as, “I am grateful for waking up this morning. I am grateful for having a roof over my head. I am grateful for my children. I am grateful for my pet.” These are some examples. I am sure you can come up with some things you are grateful for. Focus on being thankful for what you already have and your attention will be steered toward similar feel-good things, and that includes happiness and health.
5. They Are Vision, Mission And Goal Oriented: The happiest people I have personally met are people who have a clear vision for their life, people who have a purpose-driven life and people who plan for life with goals. Vision, mission and goals are key to being both healthy and happy. Your happiness is directly related to your locus of control. The more you feel in control of your life, the happier you will be. The best way to feel in control of your life is to have a vision, a mission and goals. Also, if you have a vision for your life 30 years from now and you want to be strong so yo you live in good health 30 years from now, then you must start making healthy lifestyle choices today. You see how these habits are intertwined. When you live your life on purpose/on mission, life becomes thrilling and feels fulfilling. Self-fulfilment and self-actualization is a key to happiness. Start crafting a vision, a life mission and write out some short term and long term goals to get you where you want to be.
6. They Are Continuous Learners: Nothing will expand in your life without learning. Learning is growing. If you are sick and have health problems then consider taking some wellness seminars or workshops that teach you how to make better lifestyle choices that lead to better health. There are tons of books on the subject of health and wellness and many books are written to target health problems. There is no excuse for lack of great health unless it’s something that is completely out of your control, like a genetic condition or a serious traumatic accident. But most health problems today are caused by poor lifestyle choices. One way to make better lifestyle choices is to learn new things and practice new ways. Commit to being a continuous learner in the arena of health and wellness and you will begin to experience better health and more happiness.
7. They Are On A Path Of Personal And Spiritual Growth: As humans, we must nurture our physical well-being, our mental well-being, our emotional well-being and our spiritual well-being. Happy people are always learning from life experiences, learning from mistakes in life and always find a way to grow from each experience. Having a structure in your life in the form a personal development path or a spiritual path is extremely beneficial. Not one path is better then another. Whatever you choose is right for you. A personal development path and/or spiritual path gives you an extreme sense of meaning in life. And that alone can lead to years of happiness and great health!
Life can be confusing at times. Life can be painful at times. And life can be stressful and overwhelming at times. However, when you start creating new habits and ways of being, you can literally start to turn your life around – from sickness to vibrant health, from fear, worry and sadness to happiness. Learn from other people who are healthy and happy. Start by practicing these 7 Transformational Habits Healthy, Happy People.
** Copyright NOTICE **: This article was written by Dr. Walter Salubro and is copyright by Dr. Walter Salubro. Attribution is required for re-posting of this article.
Re-posting this article on your website or blog is permitted only if you credit the author, Dr. Walter Salubro and post a backlink to www.BackToHealthChiropracticCentre.com.
Suggested attribution: Article courtesy of Dr. Walter Salubro at www.BackToHealthChiropracticCentre.com.
By: Dr. Walter Salubro
Maple’s Family Wellness Chiropractor
Dr. Walter Salubro is a family wellness chiropractor who has been serving the Maple and Vaughan community for over 13 years.
Dr. Salubro provides chiropractic care to people all age groups. He has completed many post-graduate courses in techniques applicable to both children and adults. In addition to offering specific spinal adjustments and posture corrective techniques,
Dr. Salubro offers an extensive line-up of health and wellness workshops, exercise classes and a run-walk club to his patients.
Dr. Walter Salubro is dedicated to providing the highest quality chiropractic care for all of his patients. He is a 1999 graduate of the National College of Chiropractic and certified from the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and the Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (C.A.C.C.P.). Dr. Walter Salubro is Webster Technique Certified, certified and recognized by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). Dr. Salubro caters to the specialized care of infants and pregnant mothers.
Maple & Vaughan’s Family Wellness Chiropractic Centre