April is Stress Awareness Month. Local Chiropractor in Vaughan Discusses How People Who Are Stressed Out May Benefit from Chiropractic Care
Maple, ON ─ Did you know April is Stress Awareness Month?
And did you know that 23% of Canadians (6.6 million) over the age of 15 report that on most days, they are ‘quite a bit’ stressful or ‘extremely’ stressful.
Yes, stress affects millions of people each year. Not only does stress carry an emotional burden, but it also causes a serious detriment to overall health. Stress has been linked to diseases and conditions like heart disease, heart attack, stroke, cancer, diabetes, immune problems, fertility problems, and more.
Dr. Walter Salubro, Chiropractor in Maple, Ontario is Releasing His First Book in Summer of 2015: Back to Health by Choice: How to Relieve Pain, Conquer Stress, and Supercharge Your Health the Chiropractic Way
Walter Salubro, DC
Maple, ON—In my fifteen years of chiropractic practice, I have seen thousands of people come to our office seeking relief from their pain, whether it be back pain, neck pain, arm tingling/numbness, leg pain/sciatica, or headaches. Also, I have noticed that people who are in pain are also stressed out. The common thread is that all people are seeking for answers and solutions to their health problem, to conquer their stress, and to better their health, but they are falling short from receiving the solutions their truly need.
When patients come to my office for chiropractic care, often times they have tried everything else, like drugs, physiotherapy, massage therapy, specialists appointments, and they received many special tests, like MRI’s and CTs. It’s remarkable that after all that seeking, they are still suffering from the same pain, stress, and health issues.
What I do differently is that I help guide our patients to better health by leading them to make a choice for healing, a choice for health, and provide them the vehicle that has worked for many others—chiropractic care. Chiropractic care has offered millions of people around the world a practical form to healing. It is my purpose with my new book, Back to Health by Choice, to lead the reader to this same point, to make a choice for healing and to discover the chiropractic way to relieve pain, conquer stress, and bettering health.
Dr. Walter Salubro is a family wellness chiropractor who has been serving the Maple and Vaughan community for over 13 years. Dr. Salubro provides chiropractic care to people all age groups. He has completed many post-graduate courses in techniques applicable to both children and adults. In addition to offering specific spinal adjustments and posture corrective techniques, Dr. Salubro offers an extensive line-up of health and wellness workshops, exercise classes and a run-walk club to his patients.
Dr. Salubro is a fitness enthusiast and an avid runner, having completed four half-marathons, a 30k road race and three marathons. Whether it is in his day-to-day interactions with his patients or through one of his health classes, Dr. Salubro motivates people to be the best they can be, the healthiest they can be and the happiest they can be so they can fulfill the life of their vision and dreams.
Dr. Walter Salubro is dedicated to providing the highest quality chiropractic care for all of his patients. He is a 1999 graduate of the National College of Chiropractic and certified from the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice and the Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics (C.A.C.C.P.). Dr. Walter Salubro is Webster Technique Certified, certified and recognized by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA). Dr. Salubro caters to the specialized care of infants and pregnant mothers.
Healthy, Happy People Have These 7 Habits In Common. How Many Of These Habits Do You Have?
Image courtesy of stockimages at freedigitalphotos.net
Maple, ON – Health and happiness … two attributes that all people thrive for. People say, “without your health there is nothing”. I have noticed too that people are consciously or subconsciously searching for happiness in their life.
Interestingly, I have yet to meet a person who is sick that is happy and I have yet to meet a person who is unhappy that is generally healthy.
I have learned that to get what you want in life, look at other people who have what you want and do the same things that they are doing. So, if you are striving to better your health and are searching for happiness, do what other healthy, happy people do.
Here are the 7 Transformational Habits Of Healthy, Happy People:
1. They Get Regular Chiropractic Care – As a chiropractor, I meet many people who are searching for better health. My newest patients, when they come in with pain, stress and other health problems, the last emotion they are expressing is happiness. Some are frustrated with their pain and illness, some saddened and some are worried. But something amazing happens when they pursue chiropractic care … they get healthier, they become pain free, they handle their stress better and their quality of life improves. And this makes them much more happy!! The healthiest, happiest people I have ever met in my life are chiropractic patients. Chiropractic offers a unique approach to health care that aims to discover the root cause of the pain or health problem and then assists in correcting the root cause. Chiropractors work on balancing the nervous system by correcting spinal misalignments that interfere with healthy nerve transmission. The nervous system controls all bodily functions, all healing and all repair. The nervous system, especially the brain, is also involved with emotions and memory. Therefore, when the nervous is functioning optimally, people express better health, better function and improved emotional control. It’s no wonder that people who get regular chiropractic care are healthier and happier.
Make 2014 the most vibrant, fulfilling and healthiest year yet.
It all starts with the lifestyle choices you are making today.
Would agree that if you have a poor diet, don’t get any exercise, are overweight, have a negative mental attitude, are over-stressed and not managing your stress well – that this will lead to a life of poor health, self-destruction and a shorter quality of life?
And would agree that if you eat good nutritious foods, exercise regularly weekly, drink plenty of water, manage your stress and emotional well-being, maintain an ideal body weight – that this will lead to a long-lasting, vibrant, healthy life?
It is the mindful lifestyle choices you make today that will keep you healthy, strong and enduring for the marathon called life.
Life is a journey. It’s your journey. Why not make it a fulfilling and rewarding experience?
It’s starts with lifestyle choices. Eat well. Exercise. Keep a positive mental attitude. Manage your stress. Plan for fulfilling, joyful goals in life. Add chiropractic wellness with regular chiropractic check-ups and adjustments.
The power to choose health, wellness and vitality is within you. Make that choice today.
Dr. Walter Salubro of Back To Health Chiropractic Centre in Maple, Vaughan Ontario.
1. “The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body.” – Harry J. Johnson
2. “Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well: and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” – James H. West
3. “The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.” – Deepak Chopra
4. “Your body hears everything your mind says.” – Naomi Judd
5. “We can make a commitment to promote vegetables and fruits and whole grains on every part of every menu. We can make portion sizes smaller and emphasize quality over quantity. And we can help create a culture – imagine this – where our kids ask for healthy options instead of resisting them.” – Michelle Obama
6. “Suffering usually relates to wanting things to be different from the way they are.” – Allan Lokos
7. “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
8. “Health is not valued until sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
9. “Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” – Author Unknown
10. “Regular chiropractic adjustments go hand-in-hand with good health.” – Peter Fonda
11. “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” – Plato
12. “Most diseases are the result of medication which has been prescribed to relieve and take away a beneficient and warning symptom on the part of Nature.” – Elbert Hubbard
13. “He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.” – Arabian Proverb
14. “It is the mindful lifestyle choices you make today that will keep you healthy, strong and enduring for the marathon called life.” – Walter Salubro
If you liked this quote compilation, click on the Facebook Like icon below or leave a comment.
How to have less stress, more peace, more energy, be stronger and healthier, now and for the long run.
Maple, ON – The common health problems that plague many people today, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity, are all preventable diseases. This means that often times, these conditions develop because of things that we do to ourselves on a daily bases.
Your lifestyle choices are a big deal when it comes to enjoying the best health. Your lifestyle choices are a big deal, too, when it comes to preventing heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity.
You see, being healthy is a decision away. What this means is that you have the power to be healthy, stay healthy or get healthy. It starts with a decision, such as: “I am committing to being the healthiest I can be, now and forever”.
Being healthy, staying healthy or getting healthy is a choice. The choice is yours. With that, other choices follow that will keep you on the wellness and healthy path.
Choices like eating good nutritious foods; choices like exercising regularly every week; choices like managing your stress with effective coping strategies; choices like planing for your life with inspring goals; choices like getting regular chiropractic care to keep your spine and nervous system healthy.
Yes, a healthy, happy, peaceful, stronger and energetic life is a lifestyle. This lifestyle requires a choice. A decision. Are you up to making that decision for a healthy lifesytle? It starts with you.
Go for it!
If you enjoyed this article, click on the Facebook Like button below.
Also, I would love to hear your comments. Leave a comment below.
An article by guest author, Dr. Dmitri Sokolov of Healthy Kids & Family Chiropractic in Markham, Ontario.
“Stress”, this is one of the most heard words in common social vocabulary, and still not many know how it impacts our health and how to overcome it.
Chronic physical, chemical and emotional stress is the biggest contributor for developing serious conditions such as cardio-vascular diseases and cancer. Interestingly enough that those stressors are the same causes of postural dysfunctions, subluxation.
It is obvious to everyone that by observing posture we can very close estimate an individual health state. Think about it, how do you initially determine a person’s state just by looking at them? What denominator you are using? Their posture!
How do you know if person is angry? Their posture!
How do you know if person is tired? Their posture!
How do you know if person is upset? Their posture!
Frustrated? Their posture!
Sick? Their posture!
Stressed? Their posture!
Happy? Their posture!
Now you know why our parents and grandparents kept bugging us with the same statement “SIT STRAIGHT!” They never got tired saying it. Because they loved us and also because they knew, the better posture we have the more stress we can tolerate, we get less tired and ultimately we get healthier.
Now let’s have look at science. Windsor et. al. studied 50 randomly and causation of their death and relation to the spine and nervous system. The result was astonishing. Scientists discovered 139 diseased organs that killed those people and 138 had direct correlation with the spinal misalignment and nervous system in the spine. 99.5 % of those randomly chosen people had chronic condition and abnormal posture and spinal misalignment.
Since there is a very tight relationship between brain and the body, posture and spinal realignment is the key element to turn stress from causing the disease to cause healthy adaptation and healing.
Back To Health Chiropractic Centre In Maple, Vaughan to teach a comprehensive nutrition workshop module in the January 2013.
Maple, ON – It’s not surprising that many diseases are linked to bad diets and eating habits. Yet, many degenerative conditions and diseases, like cancer, heart disease and diabetes can be prevented simply by following a healthy nutritional plan and with good eating habits. Back To Health Chiropractic Centre will be teaching a 4 part Nutrition Workshop Module in January. This is a free workshop series for all patients of Back To Health Chiropractic Centre and non-patient guests as well.
“A balanced diet with foods high in nutritional value is an essential pillar to optimal health and well-being”, says Dr. Walter Salubro, family chiropractor at Back To Health Chiropractic Centre. “Too many people are stuck eating processed foods, fast foods, junk foods and a workshop series such as this one gives people a solid foundation to making simple, yet effective changes in their food intake and eating habits. The result is better health, better weight management and an overall higher quality of life.”
If you are looking to make changes in your diet, improve your eating habits and start choosing healthier foods, go check out the Nutrition Workshop Module at Back To Health Chiropractic Centre, which starts January 9, 2013.
A 2004 Statistics Canada report shows that many Canadians “do not have a balanced diet”.
There is a huge problem today with the diet and eating habits of Canadians.
The Statistics Canada report, titled “Overview Of Canadians’ Eating Habits”1, by Didier Garriguet showed that:
A majority of Canadians don’t get enough fruits and vegitables in their diet.
More then a quarter of men and women in their thirties and forties get more then 35% of their calories from fats.
People of all ages get more then 20% of their calories from other low nutritional valued foods (such as butter, beverages like soft drinks and coffee, foods that are sugar like syrups, jams, honey and high-fat, high-salt foods like chips).
A quarter of Canadians, including adults and children, eat something that comes from a fast food outlet.
The question that is important here is … “How are your eating habits?”
In the fast-paced, mass-production world we live in today, it may seem difficult to eat a balanced nutritional diet. However, that’s not true. Eating a balanced diet is possible and we have been teaching this at our clinic for years. You too can start making healthier eating choices for yourself, your children and your family.
Here are some tips that will get you starting to eat a healthier, leaner and more nutritional meal.
Whether you’re ready for it or not, the holiday season is just around the corner. For some people, this can be a time of overwhelm and stress.
Here are some practical tips that will help you cope, manage or even prevent stressful situations and the effects of stress on your well-being during this holiday season:
1. Exercise: Go for a walk, a light run, do jumping jacks or push-ups. Other ideas are home-based exercise programs, going to a gym, rock climbing or playing a favourite sport. Whatever form of exercise you choose, it will certainly get you feeling better and it’s a great way to release stress.
2. Eat Good Wholesome Foods: More fruits and vegetables are a must in your diet. They have nutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that help support your body. Smoothies, juicing and “green” shakes are easy ways of getting more fruits and vegitables in your diet.
3. Get Complete With Any Disagreements: Relationships are a huge source of stress for many people, whether it is family, spouses, friends or co-workers. Restoring a relationship with another person is many times just a conversation away. Forgiveness is the key, not the blame-game. Take time to have that overdue conversation.
4. Create Goals: This is a powerful way to take control of your life and create the life you want. Goals give you a direction in life. You will bust through stressful situations faster when you know you are on a journey to creating the life of your dreams and vision.
5. Chiropractic Care: One of the many benefits of chiropractic care is a better ability to handle stress. Stress activates the nervous system, gets you in a flight or fight response and increases stress hormones (cortisol and epinephrine). On an ongoing bases, this can be damaging to your body. Chiropractic helps restore balance and harmony to the nervous system. If you are under chiropractic care, keep up your check-ups and adjustments. If you are not under chiropractic care, this is a perfect time of year to get a chiropractic check-up.
Do a self-inventory. How is stress affecting you right now? Where are the sources of stress? How can you apply these tips to make your life and your holiday season stress-free?